Thank you for your interest in volunteering with NAMIDuluth! Volunteers are essential to the work that NAMI does, and we sincerely appreciate any time that you are able to offer. There are several ways to be notified of upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Email us at email@example.com and let us know that you would like to receive volunteer notifications.
- Attend our committee meetings – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Please fill out the volunteer interest form at the bottom of this page to keep your name on our volunteer list so we can contact you as opportunities arise.
We have lots of opportunities so you can volunteer as much or as little as you like. Thank you!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
- Join our NAMI Duluth Board of Directors. We meet once a month. The second Tuesday of the month. Click here to see a description of board duties. We are currently in need of 5 unfilled spaces on the board.
- Sign up to become a Hope for Recovery Teacher. The teacher training scheduled for September 14th was postponed for a later date. Trainees have to have taken the 11 week Family to Family class in order to take the class.
- Help to staff our NAMI materials tables or booths at area conferences and events. We have several tables in the upcoming months. If you can help for a two or three hour shift, please email us and we will give you a list of possible table dates.
- Attend our support groups. Your attendance helps others learn from each other.
- Join our education committee. We have opportunities to set up education classes and presentations in Duluth and we need volunteers to help set these classes up.
- Join our Membership or Public Relations/Media committee.
- Help us with fundraising ideas. One way we would like to raise funds is to get people to participate in the NAMI MN Walk in September. We need people to help us with a campaign for this event.
- Become a trained facilitator/teacher (training is free) for one of the following:
- Post flyers in area businesses for NAMI Duluth Area meetings and events
- Donate! Donations can be made to our P. O. Box 3424 Duluth, MN 55803 or at the donation link above.
- Other ideas? Please contact us.